Awhile ago, I had made a batch of honey lip balm. I found a sale at Walgreens on some lipsticks that I liked the color of. The downside, was I didn’t love the formula. I decided instead of waisting all three tubes of lipstick I would melt them with my extra lip balm. Voila! Tinted lip balm that has good color, moisturizes, and protects. I don’t have pictures of making the original lip treatment, but I did snap a few pictures of adding the lipstick to it and my not so pretty final results.
Honey Tinted Lip Balm
These measurement are what I used to make my original batch, so you will have plenty. You can make a WHOLE LOT of tinted lip balms, or give away the plain treatment in little tins or tubes for gifts.
1/2 cup sweet almond oil
1/4 cup grated beeswax
1 tablespoon honey
1. Melt the beeswax in a double boiler, or in a microwave safe container. If you use the microwave use 30 second bursts.
2. Stir in sweet almond oil and honey to the beeswax.
3. Place your chunks of lipstick in small glass containers. Pour in a couple of table spoons of the lip treatment while it is still hot. Mash and stir each container, this will help melt the lipstick. Reheat if necessary.
4. Allow it to cool for minute, and pour into your tubes (or small tins).
5. Wait for it to set, and enjoy your new tinted lip balm.