I’m also doing what I can to save money in all aspects of my life. I have been making a lot of my own cleaning supplies, as well as, beauty stuff too. Recently, I shared my recipe for homemade rosemary shampoo, and a reader request for my diaper solution spray and butt balm. This week I want to share what I am using as my daily shower spray.
Steps 1-3 are optional, but I do not personally enjoy the scent of vinegar. These steps give it a citrus scent and help cut through soap scum.
1. Enjoy 2 oranges or 3-4 clementines or tangerines!
2. Place citrus peels in a jar, and pour in vinegar until full. Recap jar
3. Let this jar sit for about 2 weeks. Whenever I’m around the jar I shake it up a bit, but this is an unnecessary part of the recipe.
4. Strain vinegar into your spray bottle.
5. Add the required amount of water.
One part vinegar to three parts water.
6. Spray surfaces after each shower. I’ve also been told that if you add a few drops of a citrus oil it will help dirt slide off when the walls get wet during your shower.